Board Scans - Set 1
- The battery and BIOS chip were removed.
- The socketed SM1 and SFIX chips were removed (forgot to add them back before scanning).
- The sockets with label SC1 and SC2 below the SFIX were empty to begin with.
- Any metal stand offs seen the boards were use to level the board for scanning.
- Each image below is comprised of multiple scans stitched together.
Board Scans - Set 2
This is a newer revision of the MV6 board. The slot board looks the same but there are a number of minor updates/changes to the bottom/logic board.
- Reset switch (SW1) to the left of the YM2610 is gone
- Power connector (JP1) used to connect both boards is gone. The connector on the slot board is still here.
- The 330ohm hand added resistor on the LS161 @ B5 has been given a proper home below the chip
- The variable 0-30P capacitor (orange) above the uPD4990A @ G10 has been replaced by a normal 10P capacitor. Note that the old variable capacitor can cause a chirping sound.
- The distance between the positive and negative leads for the battery changed from 20mm (standard) to 23mm (non-standard)
- The left most 1S1588 diode next to the battery was replaced by at 10D1 diode. This is what other boards have.
- The 104M cap above the battery has been removed